Carpet in Fort Dodge, IA
Shopping for new plush carpeting for your home? Whether you want to add ambiance to one room or give your entire home an upgraded look with soft surfaces, Flooring America Design Center has numerous carpet materials to suit your needs. Our stunning collections of home carpets include high-quality materials like Frieze, Berber, and Saxony, all at affordable prices. Choose from all sorts of patterns, textures, and colors to perfectly accent the style and décor of your home. At our showroom, our carpet experts will help you pick the perfect flooring based on your unique needs. Stop by our Fort Dodge, IA, showroom to view our wide range of carpet flooring. We are happy to guide you every step of the way—from selection to installation.
Your Home Guide to Carpet Types
Want new carpets but unsure of what your options are? Flooring America Design Center is here to help our Fort Dodge customers find the perfect carpet for their personal tastes and lifestyle. Discover the different types of carpet available at our showroom.
Frieze carpeting is made of a cut-pile construction and is exceptionally plush. Frieze's long-lasting curling fibers are well-known for their ability to camouflage dirt. With a knotted appearance, Frieze can add a textured style that gives character to any room while blending colors and patterns.
Loop & Loop Cut Carpet
The surface of loop carpeting is constructed with uncut loop fibers. A level-loop carpet style comes woven or tufted, with a same-height loop surface. A multi-loop carpet has two or three different pile heights in each loop. These carpets have a casual style that can prevent foot imprints from appearing.
Cut-loop carpeting, on the other hand, is designed exactly as it sounds. The loop fibers have been cut straight, resulting in a snag-free consistency that is popular among individuals who have children, dogs, and cats.
Patterned carpets are made using the same methods as printing paper. Flatbed screen printing, rotary screen printing, Stalwart printing, and sophisticated computer-programmed jet printing are some of the design processes used. Contemporary style guides and 5-star hotels are known to flaunt the beautiful patterns that can be achieved with this carpeting type.
Saxony & Textured Saxony Carpet
Saxony carpets are cut-pile carpets that can add a touch of luxury to any room in your home. Saxony-type patterns are resistant to wear, shading, and traffic marks. Textured Saxony uses the same fiber types, though they’ve been twisted in different directions to offer a coarser appearance.
When describing Berber, the term generally is associated with lighter carpeting hues that have been flecked with darker colors. Berber's natural strength and soil-hiding capabilities make it a go-to floor for active areas in the home. Often crafted with a loop-style cut, this product is a popular selection among our Fort Dodge customers.
Benefits of Carpet for a Single Room or an Entire Home
Always a popular flooring option, many customers select carpeting for its variety of benefits. Known for their comfort, resilience, and beauty, we carry Iowa’s most trusted carpet brands including Tigressa, Resista Core Elements, Design Distinctions, Hearth & Home, and much more. Discover all the advantages of choosing carpets for your home:
- Carpet is a very affordable flooring option.
- The luxurious soft appeal of carpet offers children a soft area to play and a comfortable space to relax for the whole family.
- Improved insulation provides an ideal sound barrier, reducing noise that passes throughout the home as well as retaining heat.
- Choose from a wide variety of color schemes, densities, and textures, to fit any design or performance desires.
- Manufactured using eco-friendly fibers and processes, so you’re helping the Earth while you improve your home.
- Stain and water-resistant carpet is an excellent choice for families with children or pets.
- Excellent for high-traffic areas like hallways and entryways because they hide signs of foot traffic and resist regular wear and tear.
- Adds instant comfort to a room, whether it’s a refinished basement, living room, or bedroom.
Easy Carpet Maintenance & Care
With the proper love and care, your new carpet will retain its plush feel and resplendent appearance for many years to come. Caring for carpet is easy with just a vacuum and a bit of cleaning solution. If you have any questions about carpet care, our flooring experts have in-depth knowledge of proper carpet care techniques. Follow these quick carpet care steps for long-lasting beauty:
- Step 1: Vacuum regularly, at least once a week. This prevents the buildup of dirt and debris that damage the fibers. Make sure you take your time when vacuuming in order to remove the gritty particles located deep down in the carpeting. Regular vacuuming also improves air quality throughout the home, reducing dust, dander, or pollen that could be worsening seasonal allergies for many.
- Step 2: Spot clean spills and stains. If the stain is fresh, immediately apply a carpet spot-remover cleaner and allow it to sit for the amount of time recommended by the product manufacturer. You can then use a cloth or paper towel to press down on the spot, allowing the material to soak up the stain. Do not rub or brush the stain vigorously, as this can push the stain further down into the carpet fibers.
- Step 3: Deep clean yearly. For old stains, you may need to use a specialized wet vacuum or hire professional cleaners. Be sure to check your warranty and with our professionals on which carpet cleaning solutions are a safe fit for your new floor. Harsh chemicals like bleach should never be used as they can damage the fibers and leave behind more stains.
Carpet Installation by Skilled Professionals
Now that you have purchased your flooring, schedule your carpet installation with our experienced and skilled installers. The quality of your new floor installation is every bit as important as the quality of the materials you buy. Our professional specialists will ensure your new investment is installed properly so it looks great and feels comfortable for many years to come. In addition, we offer the industry’s best warranties so you can feel completely confident about your purchase, including our Ultimate Confidence Guarantee. Protect the lifespan of your floors when you invest in our warranty-assured carpets.
Contact us to start your carpet renovation today! We proudly serve the communities of Fort Dodge, Webster City, Humboldt, Eagle Grove, Clarion, Algona, Rockwell City, and Storm Lake, Iowa.